“I had one employee spending at least 10 hours every week just maintaining the SAP Solution Manager. Now we don’t have to do it at all. We’re very happy with Avantra.”
The Strauss Group team was facing several complex problems:
- They knew that migrating the existing monitoring configuration to the new system was not an option given their current resources and time constraints.
- They feared that every single Solution Manager upgrade would produce overall system instability and several other negative side effects.
- The SAP Solution Manager already had several implementations bolted onto it, including Central User Administration, Central Customizing and Business Process Change Analyzer, further complicating new instance provisioning.
- In many cases, the alerts sent out by the Solution Manager system were so cryptic and difficult to understand that administrators were unsure how they should react to them.
Streamlined setup and management drives improved performance
The SAP Basis team operates Avantra via a centralized dashboard showing all critical conditions and system warnings. The system forwards the most important alerts by email and text message to individual team members. Alerts from SAP job monitoring, locked users and other alerts go directly to the corresponding departments such as finance, sales or human resources. A subset of alerts also goes to the local eyeShare installation, triggering further action based on pre-defined rules.
All in all, the SAP Basis team now fully relies on its SAP monitoring solution. False alerts have reduced significantly, and the new simplified maintenance interface gives the team added time and resources for more strategic projects.
Large distributed complex SAP landscape
Solution Manager send too many unclear notifications
Couldn’t guarantee the performance of new monitoring configuration
- Single day implementation, operational in less than 2
- Complete visibility using centralized dashboard showing
all critical conditions and system warnings.
- False alerts have reduced significantly
- Reduce 25% of time allocated to system management
“We were amazed by the simplicity of the system, how easy it was to add new monitored objects and to set up instant notifications,” says Senderovitz. “Learning how to use Avantra was incredibly easy, in part because the product documentation is so good.”