With a portfolio of five multinational companies, Strauss Group is the largest food distributor in Israel. The organization collaborates with major brands such as Danone, Pepsico, and Virgin to market everything from coffee to chocolate to dairy products in 22 countries. The company generated approximately $2.8 billion in revenue in 2015.
Strauss’ IT department runs a complex SAP environment that includes:
- More than 90 SAP systems, 20 of which are production systems
- Windows® OS and Oracle® DB on VMWare virtual machines
- SAP ECC, BI, PI, SRM, CRM, SCM, EWM, BO, Portal, HANA and BIA
- Interfaces to vendors and financial institutions based primarily on SAP PI
The SAP basis team was facing several complex problems:
- They knew that migrating the existing monitoring configuration to the new system was not an option given their current resources and time constraints.
- They feared that every single Solution Manager upgrade would produce overall system instability and several other negative side effects.
- The SAP Solution Manager already had several implementations bolted onto it, including Central User Administration, Central Customizing and Business Process Change Analyzer, further complicating new instance provisioning.
- In many cases, the alerts sent out by the Solution Manager system were so cryptic and difficult to understand that administrators were unsure how they should react to them.
DOWNLOAD THE CASE STUDY NOW >>
During the formal evaluation process, the team identified several key requirements:
- Be simple to install, maintain and upgrade without negatively impacting any existing SAP systems
- Allow for easy integration of new systems into the monitoring process
- Replicate, at a minimum, all of the monitoring capabilities of SAP Solution Manager
- Feature a pre-configured monitoring set that could be adjusted easily on a per-system level
- Provide mobile access for users via web-based interface and XanMobile app
The SAP Basis team’s evaluation process involved comparing Avantra, formerly syslink Xandria against alternatives that included a BMC® management interface and an internally developed solution. Strauss Group chose Avantra after a proof-of-concept by a local partner and a reference visit to Migros, Switzerland’s largest retailer and an Avantra client.
Using their new solution, the SAP basis team save more than 20% of their time.
To learn more download the case study here