We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining customer-facing technical documentation. Working with the development and product teams to ensure the technical detail and knowledge is in line with the product and latest updates.
You will continuously improve knowledge-based articles to ensure they are up to date with the latest technological changes. You will also work closely with the marketing teams to create version release blogs and other web-based articles.
Self-organisation and motivation is a necessity as you will be responsible for forward planning topics for future documentation and be delivery focused.
- Be the owner of all customer-facing technical documentation within the business and deliver the best possible documentation experience for Avantra’s customers at the direction of the Chief Customer Officer
- Ensure all public facing documentation is versioned and contextually correct as the product evolves
- Be responsible for all of our product documentation and other materials, like solution documents, technical whitepapers, technical blogs etc.
- Improve the quality of existing product documentation: provide more content and context, improve structure
- Organize, write and maintain supporting documents like solution documents, training material, blogs, white papers, deployment guides, architecture diagrams etc.
- Create or use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Be a contact person to developers (our developers are not native English speakers)
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals / online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Revise documents as new versions are released
- Ability to own complete documentation sets to ensure consistency, correctness, inter-linking, context and versioning
- Excellent english language and communication skills
- Ability to document complex technical facts in a clear and understandable way
- Ability to create context around technical details
- Ability to get behind the “why” and to explain it, instead of only documenting the “what”
- Experienced in using text document formats, preferably AsciiDoc
- Experienced in using vector graphic programs to draw diagrams and workflows
- Experienced in using image processing programs to work with screenshots
- Good understanding of technical IT, for example networking
- Good knowledge of technical terminology and wording
- Good social skills & team player
- Best case some experience in the SAP world
- Patience and fun to work on complex issues
- Ability to learn new stuff and think outside the box
- Other website Blog skills
- Proficient in spoken and written German