SAP Basis Automation Engineer
Avantra is looking for a highly knowledgeable SAP Basis Automation Engineer to join our SAP team.
We’re looking for a self-sufficient person, who also works well in a team. You should be an expert in SAP Basis technologies, with an automation / DevOps mindset, you should have a passion for continuous improvement and problem solving.
We’re looking for someone to fit into our family feel culture, to build great connections with the team and help to support our growing team.
- Build new SAP Basis automation scenarios in the Avantra low-code/no-code development environment
- Design of new checks for monitoring of SAP products
- Revise and test of existing product capabilities, especially revise monitoring capabilities
- Maintenance of the SAP test landscape
- Work with product management, presales and engineering to identify any additional features needed in the core product
- SAP Basis expert across various technologies such as SAP NetWeaver ABAP & Java, SAP S/4 HANA, SAP Solution Manager, SAP Business Objects, SAP PO, SAP Web Dispatcher, SAP Fiori, etc. and the databases used in the SAP world, SAP HANA, SAP ASE, Oracle, Sybase IQ etc.
- Automation/Devops mindset with an appreciation of automation tooling e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Knowledge of Linux and automation tooling e.g. Perl, Python, Bash
- Lifecycle management of SAP products - installation, patching (SNote) and upgrading of various SAP products.
- Ability to troubleshoot ABAP/Java environments and use ABAP debugger, trace ABAP code etc.
- Understanding of general SAP environments, including various of the below optional items
- Optional: Knowledgeable in SAP technologies, Jobs, Idocs, QRFC, ICM, BCS, STRUST, etc.
- Optional: Knowledgeable in SAP cloud products and integrations, such as SAP Cloud Connector or SAP Cloud Integration & SAP Business Technology Platform Integration
- Optional: Knowledge of virtualisation technologies, such as VmWare
- Optional: Knowledge in Hyperscaler IaaS platforms: GCP, Azure
- Good English skills in text and speech
- Good social skills & team player
Avantra is a high growth tech company with 23 years of Swiss precision engineering coupled with the energy of a start-up. Our product is the leading AIOps platform for SAP operations, enabling customers to achieve hyperautomation success. Our customers are large multinational enterprises and household names, including national and global managed service providers. We have teams based across Switzerland, Germany, UK, US and Eastern Europe.
Our culture is something we are incredibly proud of and strive to protect. We live our values of Embrac Challenge, Be Caring and Stay Curious every day through company mindfulness sessions, wellbeing days and retaining a family feel. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
This exciting role is a chance for you to be part of a high growth software company. You’ll be joining a fast-paced, innovative environment at an exceptionally exciting time.
The benefits will differ depending on your country of residence. If you'd like to know more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is currently a remote position with occasional travel for company / team get-togethers.