Sales Director, North America - West Region
The Sales Director, West is responsible for net new business in their specific region of the North American market (hunting) and coordinating with our global marketing team on regional initiatives. the responsibilities will include managing existing accounts, but with a focus on landing new customers.
You will need to create a strategy in your area to deliver net new sales, ensure you have a balanced pipeline, deliver business development and bring in new logos, as well as upselling to any existing customers.
You will liaise with business deveiopment, solution engineers, software developers and marketing to deliver this strategy.
You will run a balanced sales forecast and the ability to deliver predictable results on a quarterly basis.
- Drive revenue by meeting and/or exceeding sales quota on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Develop and execute a regional sales strategy, emphasis on net-new enterprise and/or MSP accounts for Avantra in the assigned region
- Work closely with the business development representative to identify targets and sales opportunities, assist with nurture and handover at appropriate time
- Work collaboratively with solution engineers and senior management to maximize the conversion rate on prospect opportunities
- Renew and upsell existing customers
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close
- Manage a rolling pipeline with accuracy in forecasting to senior management as required (i.e. – monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Develop and maintain a high level knowledge and understanding of Avantra’s products
- Serve as the CEO of your territory and maintain a solid knowledge of marketplace, competitive offerings and other business issues relevant to the position
- Foster relationships with Avantra partners and other third parties to increase opportunities
- Strong business acumen to effectively communicate the value and ROI of Avantra solutions to both ‘C-level’ business leaders and ‘technical’ staff
- Maintain a close relationship with key Avantra influencers and key Avantra reference customers to assist in the closing of new business and for key marketing events in your region
- Work with field marketing to identify appropriate marketing events and sponsorship opportunities e.g. SAP conferences, user groups, conference speaking opportunities, etc.
- Develop and refine sales proposal materials, presentations, demos and case studies
- Identify opportunities for, and support strategic discussions on, product pricing, product development and new service offerings to enable Avantra to increase revenue and market share
- Provide support to the broader Avantra management team to ensure the order to cash process is effective and aligned to the billing processes within the MSP target client base
- Identify new revenue opportunities within the existing customer base
- Ensure customer retention rates are maintained at a high level, developing new retention initiatives as required
- Provide feedback and expert insight to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, competition, etc. matters
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Avantra to help achieve wider company objectives
- Achievement of new business sales quota
- Number of MSPs adopting Avantra as a portfolio offering
- Number of enterprises adopting Avantra as an enterprise software management and monitoring platform solution
- Number of referenceable new customers
- Accuracy of sales forecasting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years enterprise software sales experience
- Great communication skills, collaboration and ability to navigate a matrixed organization
- Proven track record of exceeding annual quotas in excess of $1M
- Experience with cloud technology providers such as AWS, Google and Microsoft Azure
- Bachelor’s degree
- Technical acumen, a plus
- Experience selling to the automotive, retail and manufacturing industries is a plus
- Experience in the SAP ecosystem, a plus but not necessary
- Ability to travel (50-70%) throughout the assigned region, the United States, and globally for sales related activities including but not limited to, customer/prospective customer sales meetings, trade shows and internal company meetings and events
This role is a remote position based in North America, West region. Regular travel required for customer meetings and company / team get-togethers subject to COVID restrictions.