Sales Director - DACH
Germany - Remote
Avantra is looking for a dynamic Sales Director to drive net new business across the DACH region.
We need an entrepreneurial self-starter, who possesses strong communication skills alongside a can-do attitude. We’re not looking for someone to simply “fit in” - we want someone who will bring something to the table and add to our great culture!
The right individual will be an energetic team player and excited to make a difference to a business that is growing rapidly.
- Drive revenue by meeting and/or exceeding sales quota on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Develop and execute a regional sales strategy, emphasis on net-new Enterprise and MSP accounts for Avantra in the DACH region
- Work collaboratively with inside sales (or inside sales vendors), solution engineers, and senior management to maximise the conversion rate on prospect opportunities
- Identify LE and MSP targets operating in the DACH region that would purchase Avantra software to support their clients
- Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships
- Manage the sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close with inclusion of the teams around
- Develop and maintain a high-level knowledge and understanding of Avantra’s products
- Maintain a solid knowledge of marketplace, competitive offerings and other business issues relevant to the position
- Foster relationships with Avantra partners and other third parties to increase opportunities such as Google GCP, AWS, Microsoft Azure, ServiceNow
- Use strong business acumen to effectively communicate the value and ROI of the Avantra solutions to both ‘C-level’ business leaders and ‘technical’ staff
- Manage a rolling pipeline with accuracy in forecasting to Senior Management as required (i.e. – monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Maintain a close relationship with key Avantra influencers and reference customers to assist in the closing of new business and for key marketing events in the DACH region
- Work with marketing to identify appropriate marketing events and sponsorship opportunities e.g. SAP conferences, user groups, conference speaking opportunities, etc.
- Develop and refine sales proposal materials and presentations
- Identify opportunities for, and support strategic discussions on, product pricing, product development and new service offerings to enable Avantra to increase revenue and market share
- Provide support to the broader Avantra management team to ensure the order to cash process is effective and aligned to the billing processes within the MSP target client base.
- Provide feedback and expert insight to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, competition, etc. matters
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Avantra to help achieve wider company objectives
- Percentage achievement of new business sales quota
- Number of LEs adopting Avantra as an enterprise software management and monitoring platform solution
- Number of referenceable new customers
- Accuracy of sales forecasting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years software or high-tech industry sales experience
- Native German communication skills
- Business English communication skills
- Understanding of the SAP environment is preferred
- Developed deep customer relationships, multiple levels within a large enterprise
- Great communication skills, collaboration and ability to navigate a matrixed organization
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding a minimum annual quota of €1M
- Experience with cloud technology providers - AWS, Google, Microsoft and Azure preferred
- Experience selling technical solutions to the automotive, retail and manufacturing industries a plus
This role is a remote position based in Germany. Regular travel required for customer meetings and company / team get-togethers subject to COVID restrictions.