Product Marketing Manager
Our customers come from all walks of life, across cultures and countries - and so do we. That’s why we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but it makes our work more meaningful and our company stronger.
Because our customers love our product, we want to find even more businesses that can benefit from AIOps for SAP systems. We are growing rapidly already and are strengthening our marketing and product management by seeking an experienced product marketer. We’re confident that the right person will have a passion for research and a business-focused mindset. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear how you could grab hold of our product positioning, messaging and use cases to support our go-to-market strategy. Obviously, you’ll do all that while having a keen eye on our marketing strategy and growth goals.
If you share our values and our passion for championing innovation in IT operations, then you’ll be a dab hand at researching the motivations, needs and pain points of our customers. You’ll be the bridge between product management and marketing. You’d be like the Golden Gate Bridge* reaching across the business to influence and communicate with the product strategy council.
*Other bridges are available
- To build out a clear product marketing process - that means being the voice of the market through your own research (and finding ways to capture those gems from field sales).
- A key-person within the marketing team, you’ll be accountable for product materials - not forgetting the regional variations and marketing channels available.
- We’re an energetic and passionate family at Avantra, so you’ll need to support our goals to optimize sales and marketing activity with your knowledge and product insight.
- Value propositions will be part of your everyday language. So, you’ll have no problems working with leadership, the product owner and other stakeholders to understand the benefits of new product innovations - and, of course, how to craft a compelling story about it.
- One last thing… it’s probably best that you have a knack for understanding new technology. Things can move fast so you’ll grasp new features and functions quickly. In return, we promise that you’ll thrive in an environment where you’re challenged and supported.
Key Skills & Experience
- You’ll have three years previous experience, minimum, in product marketing, martech product management or lifecycle marketing (preferably in a tech context and/or B2B enterprise products).
- Your relevant experience will be a given, but you’ll also bring exceptional verbal and written communication skills. In other words, you have the gift of the gab (and you’re probably a closet Boggle player).
- Working with our platform marketing manager, you’ll have a talent for customer journeys and personas to help us optimize all communications.
- You’ll be a conduit for the product owner, CMO and senior designer to agree product stories that are consistent (across markets and personas).
- You’ll be confident in building and owning the holistic understanding of our product roadmap and strategy (in other words, you’ll have your ear to the ground, translating tech-speak into real-life scenarios).
- You have your finger on the pulse of current and anticipated market dynamics (not in a vacuum but buddying up with the CMO and sales teams to make product market recommendations).
- A penchant for crafting a narrative about a complex technology product will be your secret sauce, which of course, leads to content that converts.
- If you know your way around digital marketing tactics (like CTAs, SEO and paid advertising), then you’ll fit right in. But it’s not a deal-breaker if you’re happy to learn.
All in all, we’re looking for a unicorn - someone that will thrive in our nurturing culture and enjoy our start-up mentality. Oh, and if you have some knowledge of the SAP or ERP market, then we really should be talking to you.