Presales Engineer - North America
Avantra is looking for a skilled presales engineer to drive technical leadership and discovery across the North American region.
We need a technical self-starter, who possesses strong communication skills alongside a can-do attitude. We’re not looking for someone to simply “fit in” - we want someone who will bring something to the table and add to our great culture!
The right individual will be an energetic team player and excited to make a difference to a business that is growing rapidly.
This role will report into the Global Head of Solution Engineering and forms part of our US Sales team.
- Sales Cycle Customer Interaction - Attend and lead the technical elements of Qualification, success criteria and evaluation workshops, listening to customer needs and pain points and showcasing the power of the product with demo sessions
- POC Management - Form part of our global POC committee and be responsible for evaluating and co-managing the Avantra POC landscape and in-flight POC customers
- Technical Trusted Advisor - Act as an empathetic technical advisor, you will immerse yourself in our new product features and walk in the shoes of the potential customers during the sales cycle, making yourself available for queries or follow-up sessions as required
- Product Landscape - Maintain a solid knowledge of the marketplace, for complementary and competitive offerings relevant to the Avantra product
- Collaboration - Work together with:
- Our US sales team to continuously improve our pre sales process and materials to maximise our win rate, you will also act as an internal technical coach for other sales team colleagues
- Our product team to suggest technical improvements and feature ideas
- Our marketing team to increase opportunities through community engagement via blogs, videos and events
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of SAP Basis experience
- Business English communication skills
- Basic understanding of Linux commands
- Experience managing Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Basic Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL database experience
- Experience in either a presales role or technical consulting, coaching or training roles- working directly with end users/customers
- Great communication and collaboration skills
Avantra offers a software platform that removes the manual overhead of running an SAP landscape. Its plugin and play automation handle systematic SAP monitoring, checks and upgrades that have historically constrained IT Ops.
Avantra completely eliminates repetitive SAP operations. It gives total transparency of SAP system health. The powerful full-stack automation engine deploys in just minutes.
Avantra takes care of the now so that enterprises can focus on the future - be that digital transformation, innovation or cloud migration.
Founded in Switzerland 22 years ago, Avantra’s global team of SAP professionals spans engineering, development, and support experts. With customer focus at the core of everything, this diverse team continues to optimize and enrich the Avantra platform - cementing our position as the industry leading AIOps platform for SAP.
This exciting role is a chance for you to be part of a high growth software company. You’ll be joining a fast-paced, innovative environment at an exceptionally exciting time.
- Competitive Salary
- 20 Days Paid Vacation
- 1 Avantra Wellbeing Paid Vacation
- 1 Charity Paid Vacation
- Remote / WFH allowance
- Benefits Package including;
- Health Insurance
- 401K with a Company Match
This role is a remote position, ideally located in the assigned territory/region.
Regular travel required for customer meetings and company / team get-togethers subject to COVID restrictions.