Director of Sales, North America - East Region
US - Remote
The Director of Sales, North America - East, is responsible for net new business in the North America - East market (hunting) and coordinating with our global marketing team on regional initiatives. Existing business may be assigned to the Director of Sales to grow along with net new business during the initial term and renewals.
You will need to create a strategy in your area to deliver net new sales, ensure you have a balanced pipeline, deliver business development and bring in new logos, as well as upselling to any existing customers.
You will liaise with inside sales partners, solution engineers, software developers and marketing to deliver this strategy.
You will run a balanced sales forecast and the ability to deliver predictable results on a quarterly basis.
East Region - States included in this region are: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years software or high-tech industry sales experience
- Great communication skills, collaboration, and ability to navigate a matrixed organization
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding a minimum annual quota of $1M
- Experience with cloud technology providers such as AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure, are preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical acumen, a plus
- Experience selling to the Automotive, Retail, and Manufacturing Industries, a plus
- Experience in the SAP Ecosystem, a plus
- Ability to travel (50-70%) throughout the assigned region, the United States, and globally for sales related activities including but not limited to, customer/prospective customer sales meetings, trade shows, and internal company meetings and events
- Drive revenue by meeting and/or exceeding sales quota on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Develop and execute a regional sales strategy, emphasis on net-new LE and/or MSP accounts for Avantra in the North America region (assigned territory based on their home region – East Region will have the Eastern Time Zone)
- Work closely with the Business Development Representative to identify targets and sales opportunities, assist with nurture and handover at appropriate time
- Work collaboratively with solution engineers and senior management to maximize the conversion rate on prospect opportunities
- Renew and upsell existing customers
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation, and close
- Manage a rolling pipeline with accuracy in forecasting to Senior Management as required (i.e. – monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Develop and maintain a high-level knowledge and understanding of Avantra’s products
- Serve as the CEO of your territory and maintain a solid knowledge of marketplace, competitive offerings, and other business issues relevant to the position
- Foster relationships with Avantra partners and other third parties to increase opportunities
- Strong business acumen to effectively communicate the value and ROI of the Avantra solutions to both ‘C-level’ business leaders and ‘technical’ staff
- Maintain a close relationship with key Avantra influencers and key Avantra reference customers to assist in the closing of new business and for key marketing events in the North America Region
- Work with the CMO to identify appropriate marketing events and sponsorship opportunities e.g. SAP conferences, user groups, conference speaking opportunities, etc.
- Develop and refine sales proposal materials, presentations, demos, case studies
- Identify opportunities for, and support strategic discussions on, product pricing, product development and new service offerings to enable Avantra to increase revenue and market share
- Provide support to the broader Avantra management team to ensure the order to cash process is effective and aligned to the billing processes within the MSP target client base.
- Identify new revenue opportunities within the existing customer base
- Ensure customer retention rates are maintained at a high level, developing new retention initiatives as required
- Provide feedback and expert insight to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, competition, etc. matters
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Avantra to help achieve wider company objectives
- Percentage achievement of new business sales quota
- Number of MSPs adopting Avantra as a portfolio offering
- Number of LEs adopting Avantra as an enterprise software management and monitoring platform solution
- Number of referenceable new customers
- Accuracy of sales forecasting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis