Business Development Representative - EMEA
Avantra is looking for a native German speaking Business Development Representative to take our EMEA lead operations to the next level. We need an energetic, driven, team player who possesses great attention to detail alongside a can-do attitude. Culture is a big part of what makes Avantra successful. We’re not looking for someone to simply “fit in” but want someone who will bring something to the table and add to our great culture!
The right individual will be positive, solution orientated and excited to make a difference to a business that is growing rapidly. To be successful in this role, it will require a steady balance of persistence, urgency and patience.
Avantra believes in growing and developing talent - we envision this role being a stepping stone to a Sales Executive position.
Responsible for impeccable customer interaction, a pivotal conduit for our sales function to increase sales and revenue by creating new pipeline.
- Performance: Maintain a high volume of outbound calls and email conversations to create a consistent stream of qualified sales appointments
- Professionalism: Represent Workplace professionally and intelligently on the phone, at trade shows, via email, or through social media connections
- Strategy: Work together with the SVP to define and enhance the inside sales strategy, objectives, and KPIs
- Relationships: Foster and maintain relationships with potential clients from the very first interaction. Walk in the shoes of the prospective customer with empathy and understanding across all mediums (phone, email, digital).
- Teamwork: Collaboration with Sales and Marketing for seamless handover at every stage of lead / prospect transition process. Work together to plan and execute messaging, sales campaigns and lead initiatives.
- Research: Research target prospects and identify key players using online and digital tools. Share information in a timely and relevant manner.
- Reporting: Maintain and report accurate data relating to your daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly leads and tracks appropriate client communications in HubSpot (CRM)
- Data: Ensure HubSpot (CRM) is meticulously maintained across all sales activities related to day-day interactions
- Vendor Liaison: Maintain positive and beneficial relationships with relevant external agencies
- Events: Participation at trade events representing Avantra liaising with potential and existing customers and partners.
Required skills / Experience / Traits
- Native German speaker
- Business English speaker
- Additional languages are beneficial
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a Business Development role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to construct a meeting agenda
- Design a cold call and/or email script
- Strong research and analytical skills
- DiscoverOrg experience a plus
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator experience a plus
- Driven and tenacious self-starter
- Knowledge of sales qualification efforts
- Experience with HubSpot or similar CRM solution
- Experience in a technology sales environment (SAP preferred)
Avantra is a software company transforming SAP operations using intelligent automation. Specializing in helping customers move from reactive to proactive operations, Avantra empowers businesses to focus on digital transformation by reducing manual operations and the cost to serve.
Avantra’s goal is to completely eliminate the need for repetitive SAP operations and deliver the self-healing enterprise through actionable insights, operational transparency, and full-stack automation.
Founded in Switzerland 20 years ago, Avantra’s global team of SAP professionals spans engineering, development, and support experts. With customer focus at the core of everything we do, this diverse team continues to optimize and enrich our platform - cementing our position as industry leader in AIOps for SAP.
This exciting role offers the opportunity to be involved in a high growth software company and will present significant opportunities for personal growth.
- Competitive Salary
- Performance-related commission plan
- 30 days holiday
This role is a remote position - with occasional travel for marketing events and company/team get-togethers. Preferred home location - Germany or the UK.